Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Do you manage yourself? If not you’re losing $86,400 per day.


Winners manage themselves and it’s easy to see why. Most people would be happy to have $86,400 deposited into their account everyday. In fact, everyone does have this deposit come into their bank. The bank of time deposits 86,400 seconds into our day, everyday. The secrets of successful people most often begins here. How are you investing these seconds?

 I wondered that myself when I was first introduced to this concept. Are you investing or even wasting these precious seconds that can be used to change lives, build relationships, and be of service to others by watching TV? I hope not! I found myself in this cycle of wasted time and actually referred to it as “killing time.”

Fortunately or unfortunately we don’t know how long we have on this earth and our time should be used preciously. Is it easy? Not at all! Is it worth it? I am striving to find out but I do know that the idea of it is worth it. I challenge you to take a dream board and place it in front of the television. That way when it comes time to watch TV you can tell your spouse or children “Come on in family, I’ve set our dreams aside so we can watch some TV.”

Don’t set your dreams aside so that you can invest your precious seconds numbing yourself in front of the television. How will you answer to your kids or grandkids when they ask: “What were you doing when the time was right, the opportunity was right, to fulfill your dreams?” For me that day will never come where I will answer “watching TV, that’s why I haven’t lived a great life to its potential.” We can live a life of example or warning. I choose to live my life as an example so that my kids and grandkids will see what I was doing when my dreams came true. As Ralph Waldo Emerson says “What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.” Make it so I can’t hear what you say!

No comments:

Post a Comment